Glenfarclas (Gaelic about: Valley of the green grass) was founded in 1836 by Robert Hay and got in 1844 the license to burn whiskey. In 1865, the distillery was sold to John Grant, whose descendants renovated the distillery in 1896 and still own it today. In the years 1960 and 1976, the distillery was expanded by two to today six pot stills.

Photos

Available at